Rock N Roll was alive and well Friday night in Pikeville, Kentucky. The coal mining town doesn’t often see kick ass rock bands like Ted Nugent and Grimsley Rose. The town usually sways more toward country and bluegrass when it comes to music. But not on this faithful night. The crowd was pumped before the first note was struck at the East Kentucky Exposition Center. Ted of course is touring in support of his 2014 release ‘Shut Up And Jam’ which features one of the best rock songs released in quite a while. “She’s Gone” featuring the Red Rocker himself Sammy Hagar. The honor of opening the show went to a rock band that consisted of Kentucky born musicians. The members hailing from various towns around the Bluegrass State like London, Paintsville and Salyersville they pretty much felt at home in Pikeville.
- Bourbon & Beyond Festival Spotlight: THE RECORD COMPANY
- Rock & Roll Totally Isn’t Dead!
- Review: PALE GREY LORE – ‘Eschatology’ [Album Stream]
- ZAKK SABBATH Keeps The War Machine Turning In Minnesota [Review & Photo Gallery]
- Healing Power of Music: How Music Therapy Helps Those With Parkinson’s Build Strength