After honing their chops in other touring bands, the members of ATALA came together in 2013 when frontman Kyle Stratton, who owns two tattoo shops in their hometown, met up with drummer Jeff Tedtaotao, the brother of one of his shop’s tattoo artists. After joining up with their first bassist, the band quickly linked up with producer Scott Reeder (Kyuss, The Obsessed), and released their self-titled first full-length in 2014. In 2016, the band followed up with the release of their well-received sophomore album, ‘Shaman’s Path of the Serpent’, this time with current producer Billy Anderson (Sleep, Melvins, Mastodon) at the helm. After the departure of their previous bassist, current bassist and fellow tattoo artist Dave Horn joined the ranks. Now signed to Salt of the Earth Records, ATALA seeks to reach new heights and expand their horizons with the 2018 release of ‘Labyrinth of Ashmedai’, their most charging and conceptualized offering yet. ATALA have truly found their path, and their groove, with ‘Labyrinth of Ashmedai’. We recently conducted an interview with the band as well which you can read here. Continue reading
- An Interview With Senior Vice President of Festival Talent At Danny Wimmer Presents, Gary Spivack!
- THE REALITY OF YOURSELF Releases ”Wicked World” And It Is Truly Wicked!
- The Bucketlist With Winston McCall of PARKWAY DRIVE! [Video]
- Carolina Rebellion 2018: Friday [Review & Photo Gallery]
- Review: WITCH MOUNTAIN – ‘S/T’ [Track Stream]