Custom Black is a heavy doom rock trio from the plains of Kansas City. One thing that instantly let’s you know a band is good is when artist David Paul Seymour is involved. The renowned artist created the bands logo. He has done album art or logos for various bands like Wofat, Bastard Lord, Clouds Taste Satanic, and Stone Machine Electric. This of course puts their artwork in competition with some well known bands in the realm of stoner and doom music. Although often times the artwork is enough to entice you to purchase the album, Custom Black have something much greater inside the packaging. On February 21st the band released their debut album ‘Smoke Shall Rise’. The album which was self-released was recorded and mixed by Justin Mantooth at Westend Recording Studios and mastered by Mike Nolte at Eureka Mastering. Their style is full of mouth watering riffs, copiousness amounts of groove and classic breathtaking doom vocal tones. Continue reading
- LORDS OF THE TRIDENT Announce Tour With A SOUND OF THUNDER!
- Review: KING DIAMOND – ‘Songs For The Dead Live’
- Supergroup HISS FROM THE MOAT Release Video For “The Harrier”
- OVERKILL’s New Song Proves That They’re The Undisputed Kings Of Thrash
- Breaking News: Maynard James Keenan Vocals Confirmed On New TOOL Track