Custom Black is a heavy doom rock trio from the plains of Kansas City. One thing that instantly let’s you know a band is good is when artist David Paul Seymour is involved. The renowned artist created the bands logo. He has done album art or logos for various bands like Wofat, Bastard Lord, Clouds Taste Satanic, and Stone Machine Electric. This of course puts their artwork in competition with some well known bands in the realm of stoner and doom music. Although often times the artwork is enough to entice you to purchase the album, Custom Black have something much greater inside the packaging. On February 21st the band released their debut album ‘Smoke Shall Rise’. The album which was self-released was recorded and mixed by Justin Mantooth at Westend Recording Studios and mastered by Mike Nolte at Eureka Mastering. Their style is full of mouth watering riffs, copiousness amounts of groove and classic breathtaking doom vocal tones. Continue reading
- Album Review: MOONSCAPE – “Entity”
- DEAD HORSE TRAUMA Teams Up With EKTOMORPH For “The Death Before Dishonor Tour”
- Album Review: TOBY KNAPPS’ AFFLIKTOR – ‘SELF-TITLED’ [Partial Album Stream]
- ANVIL: ‘Pounding the Pavement’ – New Album & Tour Details!
- Review: THE OBSESSED – Self-Titled (Re-Issue) [Track Stream]