Cancer was formed in 1988 by drummer Carl Stokes, guitarist John Walker and bassist Ian Buchanan. Not long after forming, the band released 2 demos (‘No Fuckin Cover’ and ‘Demo 2’) and toured with a variety of bands including Bolt Thrower and Charged GBH. During the 90’s, Cancer released the most material, however, it would be the first two of these albums that really gave the band a name in the Death Metal scene. ‘To the Gory End’ (1990) and ‘Death Shall Rise’ (1991) are relatively obscure releases even to many Metal fans, however, for those of us who have heard them we know they are classics of the genre! After being absent since 2005’s ‘Spirit in Flames’ Cancer have returned in 2018 with a new album! Available now via Peaceville Records ‘Shadow Gripped’ is an album that harkens back to the glory days of Death Metal! Continue reading
- Michael Wilton (QUEENSRYCHE) On Crowdfunding “We’ve Been Scarred By What’s Happened”
- PAPA ROACH Announce UK Headline Tour With NOTHING MORE!
- After 3 full decades POSSESSED Is Set To Release Their New Album Along With Their Brand New Track ”No More Room In Hell’!
- BREWtally Speaking Podcast: Michael Wilton (QUEENSRYCHE)
- Review: WHITECHAPEL – ‘The Valley’ [Album Review & Video Stream]