Last Friday night (March 9th) I attended the Harm’s Way show at the Alternative Music Foundation in Berkeley, CA. The “Gilman,” as it is locally referred to because of its Gilman Street address, is a small, historical punk/hardcore venue that has hosted countless significant names in music for over the last thirty years. Groundbreaking and trendsetting acts that have gone on to receive huge notoriety or commercial success have roots that trace all the way back to early career performances there. Monumental names such as Green Day, The Offspring, AFI, Bad Religion, and Operation Ivy have all graced the Gilman stage at one time or another. Last Friday night, however, providing the metal-infused, adrenaline-fueled energy to lead today’s current generation of hardcore music was Chicago’s own Harm’s Way. Continue reading
- Review: INCITE – ‘Built To Destroy’ [Track Stream]
- PUPPY – ‘The Goat’ [Album Review + Video Stream]
- INKCARCERATION Festival 2019 Announces Lineup!
- Ryan Wombacher (Bleeding Through/Light The Torch) “I Slept On Fuckin Kitty Litter”
- BREWtally Speaking: Ryan “Womby” Wombacher (Light The Torch, Bleeding Through)