Coming straight out of Tulsa, Oklahoma The Agony Scene was formed in 2000. Inspired by bands like Zao and Overcome the band set out as a three piece, but soon added a fourth member to round out the band. The band released three albums, beginning with their self-titled album in 2003 on Solid State Records. The majority of bands on the Solid State label were Christian bands; However, The Agony Scene in a later interview explained they were not a Christian band. followed up by ‘The Darkest Red’ on Roadrunner Records, and ‘Get Damned’ on Century Media Records om 2007. It wasn’t long after that album’s release that vocalist Mike Williams confirmed on October 8, 2008, that the band had broken up early in that year. After 8 years the band decided it was time to put The Agony Scene back together and in August of 2016 they announced plans to tour and release a new full length album. The band has now released that album titled ‘Tormentor’, as July 20, 2018 via Outerloop Records. Continue reading
- New Tool Album: Post-release Weather Forecast
- Ep. 182 Max Cavalera (Soulfly) – Talk Toomey: The Metal Nexus Podcast
- All That Remains Guitarist Oli Herbert Has Passed Away Today.
- Album Review: ACE FREHLEY – ‘Spaceman’ (Entertainment One)
- Review: GRETA VAN FLEET – ‘Anthem Of The Peaceful Army’ [Select Tracks Streaming]