WITHIN SHADOWS was originally a solo project started by Sean Farias (Vocals, Guitar), starting in 2012 . The Canadian band then started to morph from a solo project into more of a band. The project became a two-piece band once drummer Jordan Heffernan joined in 2014. At the end of Summer 2015, they began to collaborate with Jordan’s very good friend Brad Tiessen. Brad and Jordan are lifelong friends, which provided WITHIN SHADOWS with a perfect fit to have him in the band shredding guitar. They recently added latest member, bassist Jacob Bailey nearing the end of Summer 2016. They finished and released their debut EP ‘Release The Disease’ in November 2015. This is where this band sets themselves apart from others in the music industry. The profits made from CD sales went directly to the Harrow Food Bank as a donation from the band. They band also mentions that the donation was made possible by the fans, friends and family who supported the album. The band now has a brand new LP that released December 21, 2016 titled ‘Mind = Enemy’. The band truly prides themselves on creating a variation of different styles within their music. The songs range from easycore, to heavy metal, to hardcore, to light metal, to pop punk to ballad instrumental, to djent and more. After reading that you probably think this album is scatterbrained and all over the place but it’s a truly cohesive album that works. Continue reading
- An Interview With Chicago Domination Fest Promoter: Jesse Denton
- Prog Metal Maestros UNTIL RAIN Unveil ‘Because Something Might Happen’ [Video Premiere]
- KATATONIA, CASPIAN, UNCURED Take Over Washington, D.C. [Photo Gallery]
- TREVOR PERES of OBITUARY: “When We Used The Name Obituary, We Couldn’t Believe Nobody Used It Yet”
- THE LAST BAND Release Epic Video For “White Powder”!