What can be said about John 5 that has not been said a thousand times by ten thousand different people since his meteoric rise in the music business started way back when he moved to Los Angeles from Michigan at the ripe old age of 17? Hell, his resume reads like a veritable who’s who in a wide variety of genres, playing and writing with the likes of Rudy Sarzo, David Lee Roth, Paul Stanley, Marilyn Manson, Rob Halford, Rob Zombie all the way to John Wetton (Asia), Salt–N–Pepa, Ricky Martin, k.d. lang, Meat Loaf, Lynyrd Skynyrd and many, many others. One hot commodity, to say the least! Now, guitarist friends and I might say that it is his guitar playing that makes him stand apart from the rest of the crowd. Big surprise with influences like Malmsteen, Satch, Vai, Hendrix, Page, Albert Lee, Les Paul, Chet Atkins, Paul Gilbert, Bumblefoot, Jim Root, Buckethead and Eric Johnson. Others may think that it is the company that he keeps and the bands that he has played and written for that makes him great. Still others may hold the opinion that he is just plain fun to watch live. Well, I am here to tell you that all three apply to this wizard of six-string sorcery, especially having just recently been initiated into John 5 and The Creatures live show at 1904 Music Hall here in Jacksonville, FL.
- GODSMACK, THREE DAYS GRACE, ASKING ALEXANDRIA, WAGE WAR & LILITH CZAR Takeover Minnesota [Review & Photo Gallery]
- DOROTHY, JOYOUS WOLF & CLASSLESS ACT Bring The Rock To Minnesota [Review & Photo Gallery]
- THE WARNING Bring The Mayday Tour to Minnesota
- SHINEDOWN, THE PRETTY RECKLESS & DIAMANTE Bring The Fire To South Dakota [Review & Photo Gallery]
- TOOL Brings Fear Inoculum to Minneapolis, Minnesota [Review & Photo Gallery]