14 years have passed since A Perfect Circle has released an album. Finally, however, scheduled for an April 20th, 2018 release date comes their highly-anticipated fourth studio album entitled, ‘Eat the Elephant’ via BMG. On this latest effort, the maturation of the band over the last several years is apparent as the minor-chord, melancholic masters have clearly brought a newly awakened sharpness and depth to their craft. Lyrically, the cynicism is front and center and, for the most part, aimed lethally at the misguided ways of present-day mankind. ‘Eat the Elephant’ exhibits many familiar APC elements while also incorporating a slew of modern stylistic influences that many fans may find surprising or even polarizing. At this stage in their career, however, this seasoned and acclaimed group of musicians appear entirely comfortable and confident in creating songs that are unapologetically a distinct shift in their trademark sound – as each successive album ideally should be. This is not an attempt to remake or capitalize upon APC’s earlier musical successes, but rather a natural, creative evolution – 14 years in the making. Continue reading
- PARADISE LOST Discuss Being Finally At Peace With ‘Believe In Nothing’
- HELLYEAH, PANTERA Drummer VINNIE PAUL ABBOTT Has Passed Away.
- Review: ORANGE GOBLIN – ‘The Wolf Bites Back’ [Track Stream]
- NONPOINT Release Two New Songs and Details for Upcoming Album ‘X’ [Track Streams]
- Cody Quistad (WAGE WAR), “We’re Gonna Try to Make the Best Record Ever”