Bridge Nine have just unveiled Jesse Leachs (Killswitch Engage) impassioned electro/dub cover of Minor Threats “Salad Days” as the latest preview to their teased 19-song compilation album entitled ‘Still Having Their Say’. Featuring re-imagined interpretations of Hardcore hallmarks by the likes of Strife, letlive., Fu Manchu, The Riverboat Gamblers and more, the compilation will accompany the long awaited ‘xXx Fanzine (1983-1988) Hardcore & Punk in the Eighties’ book which drops on Nov 10th (pre-orders available here). On “Salad Days”, Leach commented, “I’m honoured to be a part of this covering one of my favourite bands on the planet. I wanted to bring a whole other creative approach to the song. I feel like if you’re going to do a cover you might as well push it in another direction and make it unique. I think it’s safe to say I added my own spin to the track. Hardcore music is the backbone and soul of my youth and Minor Threat was the first band to make me want to scream into a microphone.” Continue reading
- Ep. 182 Max Cavalera (Soulfly) – Talk Toomey: The Metal Nexus Podcast
- All That Remains Guitarist Oli Herbert Has Passed Away Today.
- Album Review: ACE FREHLEY – ‘Spaceman’ (Entertainment One)
- Review: GRETA VAN FLEET – ‘Anthem Of The Peaceful Army’ [Select Tracks Streaming]
- Beartooth, Sylar, Knocked Loose Pack The Fillmore In Charlotte [Review + Photo Gallery]