Blacktop Mojo comes from the great state of Texas. The band had some of their roots in country music, but when forming decided to go with a more rock edge. The style in which they play combines elements of southern rock and 70’s classic rock, and they don’t forget the guitar solos either. Matt James provides the vocals within the band. He has a soulful sound that creates a overwhelming amount of passion within the songs. Though the band writes incredible original songs their covers is really what has helped propel their popularity. Blacktop Mojo covered Aerosmith’s classic song “Dream On” and it has climbed up the charts and impressed pretty much anyone that has heard it. The band has also covered songs by Phil Collins and Blind Melon. The Blind Melon cover of “No Rain” is what instantly made me a fan of the band. Blacktop Mojo has released ‘Burn The Ships’ in March of last year. The band teamed up with Muscle Shoals producer Jimmy Johnson for their highly anticipated sophomore outing. The album was released via the band’s label, Cuhmon Records. The band has now recently been working on a new album.
- GODSMACK, THREE DAYS GRACE, ASKING ALEXANDRIA, WAGE WAR & LILITH CZAR Takeover Minnesota [Review & Photo Gallery]
- DOROTHY, JOYOUS WOLF & CLASSLESS ACT Bring The Rock To Minnesota [Review & Photo Gallery]
- THE WARNING Bring The Mayday Tour to Minnesota
- SHINEDOWN, THE PRETTY RECKLESS & DIAMANTE Bring The Fire To South Dakota [Review & Photo Gallery]
- TOOL Brings Fear Inoculum to Minneapolis, Minnesota [Review & Photo Gallery]