Arcade Messiah is a solo project spearheaded by cult Hasting band, Kingbathmat frontman John Bassett who currently resides in Sligo, Ireland. Born in Walthamstow, London, Bassett was raised by his ex-convent nun mother and meter reading father, who fed and looked after him as long as they could. By sixteen, he quit school and left home with little more than the clothes on his back. This left his employment opportunities limited to dull and mundane tasks; guitar and songwriting being his primary source of solstice. His love of music developed at a young age after picking up an acoustic guitar in the family home. Once able to figure out and play along with a number of songs, he found a guitar teacher in Tottenham to assist with chording. What John discovered was that he was playing a right handed guitar left handed, even though he was, in fact, right handed. Playing backwards was simply more comfortable. With this straightened out and a proper, left handed guitar was purchased, chords became natural and progressed directly into songwriting that has evolved into a life long passion.
- What Are 7 Content Creation Tips We Should Keep in Mind for 2020
- Wessel’s Top 10 Albums Of 2019!
- STEEL PANTHER Frontman “Bands Are Afraid To Connect Themselves With Our Brand Of Getting Laid, Doing Blow And Fucking Bitches”
- BREWtally Speaking Podcast: Michael Starr (STEEL PANTHER)
- The Acacia Strain Guitarist Teases Band Will Celebrate Wormwood Album Live in “Very Cool, Unique Way”