Who doesn’t love SLAYER‘s ‘Raining Blood‘, one of the career defining and probably the most identified flagship SLAYER song, or maybe even the entire genre’s. Thrash metal has had some sort of weird love connection with rap, it all started when ANTHRAX did a collaboration with hip hop group PUBLIC ENEMY and thus kickstarted the rap metal wagon. Today after many years of their first coitus we see these two joining hands in another form. Hip hop legend, actor, vocalist and front man Ice T‘s band BODY COUNT has released yet another video from their all brand new album, ‘Bloodlust‘ and it is a rendition of SLAYER‘s ‘Raining Blood‘ with a twist as the song ends with the outro of ‘Postmortem‘. The BODY COUNT cover is known as ‘Raining In Blood/Postmortem‘. The song begins off with a short insight as Ice T explains why and how he formed the band when he saw kids mosh to hip hop songs and thought why not form a metal band by pulling in inspiration and influences from legendary acts like the BLACK SABBATH, SUICIDAL TENDENCIES and SLAYER. Stream the all new track below:
- Review: Flaw Lands In Jacksonville, FL and Tears Up 1904 Music Hall
- An Interview With ATALA: “I Think I Was Born To Be The Villain In Real Life!
- BENIGHTED Unveil New Music Video, “Leatherface”!
- Review: PHIL CAMPBELL AND THE BASTARD SONS – ‘The Age of Absurdity’ [Track Stream]
- REVIEW: OF MICE & MEN – ‘Defy’