Once again, Florida death metal pioneers, Deicide return with a new collection of sonic hatred and brutality. The band’s upcoming LP – and 12th studio album to date – entitled ‘Overtures of Blasphemy’ is scheduled for release September 14th, 2018 via Century Media Records. This time around, they’ve stuck to the “we’re not gonna fix what isn’t broken” approach, as drummer and main songwriter Steve Asheim describes. The music is as brutal and aggressive as their reputation would imply and exactly what fans would expect from these undisputed masters of the genre. There’s no fat left to be trimmed from the concise, 12 tracks of God-bashing tunes that clock in at an average of about three minutes each. ‘Overtures of Blasphemy’ walks the line expertly between melodic and balls-out insanity for a focused and potent death metal record to solidify that Deicide are still the kings and not even Christ himself dares to challenge their throne. Continue reading
- Review: BURY TOMORROW – ‘Cannibal’ [Official Music Videos]
- Are Designer Handbags Worth Your the Money? 5 Things to Consider
- ERIC SARTANA – Dark Days [Album Stream]
- How to Survive Your First Heavy Metal Concert?
- The Ghost Inside’s Andrew Tkaczyk Recalls Producer Will Putney Pushing Him To Record Drums On Upcoming Album “I’m Glad That’s Actually Me Playing”