My lovely daughter took me to The Big Ticket festival here in Jacksonville, FL a couple of months ago. The line, of course, was blocks long to get in and not moving. As is typical in the festival atmosphere, everyone was friendly and socializing with those around them in line, discussing who they were waiting to see, who they had seen before and finding out who was going to future concerts in the area. There were also many out-of-towners with so many bands playing at one venue. After waiting for about five minutes, we were approached by Jack White, promoting his band: Hall of the Elders. We struck up and easy conversation about his band and music in general. Of course, I am always on the lookout for new tunes and emerging bands to throw my support behind! Jack is a very cool guy with a wide variety of tastes in music. We exchanged information and eventually got back in touch so that I could take a closer listen to Hall of the Elders. Consider me very impressed… Continue reading
- PARADISE LOST Discuss Being Finally At Peace With ‘Believe In Nothing’
- HELLYEAH, PANTERA Drummer VINNIE PAUL ABBOTT Has Passed Away.
- Review: ORANGE GOBLIN – ‘The Wolf Bites Back’ [Track Stream]
- NONPOINT Release Two New Songs and Details for Upcoming Album ‘X’ [Track Streams]
- Cody Quistad (WAGE WAR), “We’re Gonna Try to Make the Best Record Ever”