A scene that frequently gets shoved to the wayside by the heavy-metal community is the massively influential, thriving and certainly one-of-a-kind brand of underground music that was both a worldwide phenomenon commonly known as “Hardcore punk”, and more specifically in this context a significant subculture that had begun to emerge in the wake of Thatcher-era Britain, – indeed, “Hardcore punk” has now become a very generalised term yet it barely scratches the surface of what the community did for so many young people in an era of increasing economic crisis, political unrest and social inequality. This was a chance for young people’s voice to get heard amidst all of the unravelling chaos – yet it wasn’t always easy. Continue reading
- State of the Art – Missouri’s SAVAGELAND [EP Stream]
- A Brand New Supergroup Named IMONOLITH Has Formed And It Just Released Its First Music Video!
- Alfonso Civile (Heartsick) Talks About Being Recruited To Sing For ILL NINO!
- BREWtally Speaking: Alfonso Civile (HEARTSICK)
- ENSIFERUM, SEPTICFLESH & ARSIS Unite Fans In Minneapolis! [Review + Photo Gallery]