With Day 1 in the books, the morning of Day 2 greeted everyone with clear blue skies, terrible hangovers, and the excitement the see just how it could be any better than Day 1. My wife and I had a few friends over at our campsite for some pre-show breakfast of eggs, bacon, sausage, and hot coffee (not bad, right?). Afterwards, we all ventured to the camp showers where I was extremely impressed with how well maintained the facilities were and how easy and quick it was to get in and out. With a hot shower and our bellies full, we all headed to the entrance where Black Map was already tearing it up with a loud wakeup to open Day 2 taking the place of Biters, who were unable to make it, as the day’s opener. The band hit the crowd with early-morning performances of “Octavia”, “No Color”, and “Run Rabbit Run”, among others. Our very own Metal Nexus founder, Fist, got a chance to sit down with Ben Flanagan of Black Map for an insightful interview at the festival, which you can watch HERE. Continue reading
- Review: Flaw Lands In Jacksonville, FL and Tears Up 1904 Music Hall
- An Interview With ATALA: “I Think I Was Born To Be The Villain In Real Life!
- BENIGHTED Unveil New Music Video, “Leatherface”!
- Review: PHIL CAMPBELL AND THE BASTARD SONS – ‘The Age of Absurdity’ [Track Stream]
- REVIEW: OF MICE & MEN – ‘Defy’