In this series we pose the age old questions to a wide array of music lovers. As fans of music, most of us keep a mental list of active bands we want to see live that we haven’t yet seen. The Bucketlist brings to you those lists of your favorite artists and why those bands mean so much to them*
Since originally forming in 2017 by Jonathan Pruitt (vocals/guitar) and Paul Lawrence (bass), Say Never has been honing their brand of blue-collar hard rock in the thriving Atlanta, Georgia music scene – along with Rick Gatheman (drums) and Ben Sumpter (lead guitar). With big choruses and hard driving riffs, their sound is one that will surely resonate with fans of bands like Seether and Black Stone Cherry. Just last month, Say Never released a music video for their party anthem, “Do It Again,” whose catchy hooks are sure to be stuck in your head for days. Find it below, but first check out The Bucketlist for Jonathan, Paul, and Ben:
METAL NEXUS: “As a touring band/musician you get the chance to see a lot of bands up close and personal – A luxury not everyone has. A lot of music lovers keep a “bucketlist” of bands that we want to see perform live. What are the top active bands you would like to see live (in order) and why?“
“1. Weezer – I’ve been a fan since the first time I heard “The Sweater Song” back as a teen. Great punkish rock n’ roll.
2. Deftones – I’m a fan of their heavy riffs and their vocals. Great songs and so much power live.
3. Seether – I would love to someday tour with these guys. They have written lots of hits over the years and I admire the talent. Badass live as well.”
“1. Stone Sour – (Well, they are active when Corey Taylor isn’t on tour with Slipknot) I have only recently become a fan of Stone Sour. I’m going back through their catalog and I really dig these guys. I had attended a festival years ago that they were playing on, and I did not even pay attention at all to their show. I now feel like I probably missed one hell of a show back then. Hell, I would love to tour with those guys one day.
2. Black Stone Cherry – I really dig the rocking Southern roots sound that these guys belt out night after night. And yes, I would love to one day tour with these guys.
1. Garth Brooks – So many hits! I mean, So-Many-Hits! I find myself singing various Garth Brooks songs out loud when I think I’m by myself all of the time. By the way, my favorite Garth Brooks song is “Wolves.””
“3. Volbeat – I’m a huge fan of these guys! They have a great catalogue of music, not just a one hit wonder band. Also, they own it live!
2. Shinedown – This band is incredible live! They really know how to bring it onstage, and not only as a band are they amazing, but all of them individually are extremely good musicians and performers. You will not be disappointed!
1. Fozzy – This one might surprise a few of you, but go see them live! Fozzy has really stepped it up over the last few years. Since their latest release ‘Judas,’ it seems like everything got better from that point forward. Chris Jericho, and Rich Ward, Billy Grey, Frank Fontsere and Randy Drake all on one stage together put on a GREAT rock show! Go out and see them!”