*In this series we pose the age old questions to a wide array of music lovers. As fans of music most of us keep a mental list of active bands we want to see live that we haven’t yet seen. The Bucketlist brings to you those lists of your favorite artists and why those bands mean so much to them*
It’s that time of the month again, yes the Bucketlist segment is back with another killer band opening up about the bands they’d love to see so bad. For today’s edition we have from Denver, CO, LOLA BLACK, who has been rising up the ranks of Denver metal scene real quick. With a mesmerizing live performance and a relentless work ethic she and her eponymous group have become the “it” band in Colorado taking in 3 Westword Music Awards putting them in alumni status, landing the title of 106.7 KBPI’s Best Band in Denver and becoming the go to act for national festivals and other numerous radio events.
Here’s the bands/artists LOLA BLACK would love to tick them off her bucket list, which features quite interesting names. Take a look.
- METAL NEXUS : As a touring band/musician you get the chance to see a lot of bands up close and personal. A luxury not everyone has. A lot of music lovers keep a “Bucketlist” of bands that we want to see perform live.
What are the top active bands you would like to see live (in order) and why?
“1. ALICE COOPER – I have never had the pleasure of seeing him live. He is unaware of this but I hired him to be my pretend dad a million years ago. Elvira is my mom of course. We did however get the pleasure of playing with his son Dash Cooper’s band CO-OP in Phoenix last year. The theatrics of his show must be mind blowing to see live. I love the creativity and the fact that he was the O.G. shock rocker!
2. BEARTOOTH – I was on board with Beartooth from the moment I heard them. I would love to see that energy for myself. From what I have seen in videos they really bring it. Would be so awesome to see the passion they exude from the stage.
3. GRANDSON – Not really metal but the music speaks to me. I’ve seen videos of his live performance and he sounds sick. Once again the passion brought to the stage!
4. FIRE FROM THE GODS – Awesome newer band that is light years beyond all the other newer bands that are bringing back that nu-metal type sound. The singer A.J. can sing, rap, and scream like no other. I love their mind opening lyrics and the over all message of the band. Would love to experience the energy of their live show!
5. A DAY TO REMEMBER – Have never had a chance to see them yet. They were always on alternate days of the festivals we have been so fortunate to be on. They bring the perfect mix of super heavy meets almost pop punk or some kind of mash up like that. They appear to be entertaining AF and seem to have a sense of humor much similar to that of Lola Black. I love how they do not give a fuck!“
LOLA BLACK as of yet has one EP and one full length to her name which she released in 2012 and 2014 respectively. LOLA BLACK spent the majority of 2017 writing and recording a new full length with Bob Marlette and Sahaj Ticotin as well as continuing performing live and growing even more of a fan base. LOLA BLACK has also made appearances to a wide array of fans in major fests like Rocklahoma, FT. Rock,Carolina Rebellion, Kansas City Rockfest, and River City Rockfest.
Gearing up for the next full length release this 2018, LOLA BLACK has released the first single and video for album title song “Nothings Gonna Be Alright” which can be found below, made available for you to stream and enjoy. ‘Nothings Gonna Be Alright‘ will be releasing this August 25th.
Frontwoman Lola Black explains the inspiration behind the video,
“Nothing’s Gonna Be Alright” is meant to be a wake up call. Not only as portrayed by the characters in the video but to society in general. If we don’t wake up and straighten some shit out nothing is gonna be alright!”
Keep an eye out on her social media feed, she could hit the road anytime soon to spread the word to the masses.