God Dethroned is a blackened deathmetal band that got formed in 1990 by vocalist and guitarist Henri Sattler, the band is the most populair band from Holland and that really gets to show in their new album ‘The World Ablaze’ that got released on the 5th of May this year. Their debut album ‘The Christhunt’ got out with help of a small label from Gemany, besides that they have released all their albums on one of the best labels that are currently out there Metal Blade Records. They have changed their line-up multiple times but their singer Henri Sattler always stuck with the band. Till this date they have made 9 albums besides their latest one ‘The World Ablaze’, If you are new to this band I would highly recomment you to give those albums a listen. ‘Passiondale’ from 2009 for example is full of melodies and agression where ‘The Toxic Touch’ is more focused on the lyrical aspect of the songs, such as depression, religion and hatred. They may have changed things up from time to time but they always remained a band with a lot of talent lyrically and instrumentally. The agressive vibes from the songs gives you the feeling of power, of being more than just human. The feeling of reigning an entire universe. Wonder who made those raw vibes? It got created by drummer Michiel van der Plicht, bassist Jeroen Pomper and guitarist Mike Ferguson. Not a band you would just walk past without noticing, they truly are the definition of Dutch blackened deathmetal!
- Review: SOULBORN ‘Crash And Burn’ [Track Stream]
- DINOSAUR EYELIDS Release Video For “Day Zero” [Video Streaming]
- Review: MELT – S/T [Album Stream + Live Performance Video]
- Decibel Magazine Tour 2018, North America – Featuring ENSLAVED, WOLVES IN THE THRONE ROOM, MYRKUR, And KHEMMIS [Full Tour Dates]
- SLEEP SIGNALS Announce The Tour-Rito Supreme Tour With COLD KINGDOM