It has been a few days, but we are still recovering from an absolutely legendary weekend at Toyota Park. We witnessed several remarkable performances across the rock and metal genres from bands like Code Orange, The Dillinger Escape Plan, Clutch, Body Count, Godsmack, Amon Amarth, Avatar, and more. There were the classic artists like Ozzy Osbourne, Kiss, Megadeth, Anthrax, Slayer, and Metal Church while new comers like Aversed, Whores., Code Orange, Crobot, and more lit it up early in the day. Without these younger bands, there won’t be any of these festivals in the future, so make sure you get out early and support these young talents. The wide variety of bands playing the festival made for an eventful weekend as there was something for everyone attending. Today’s article will be about the performances on Friday. Before I dive into that, I’d like to talk about the other experiences at Chicago Open Air. Continue reading
- Sal Costa Of SMASHING SATELLITES Announces Retirement!
- Drum Icon VINNY APPICE Unveils One Of His Biggest “SPINAL TAP” Moments [Audio Interview]
- Review: IRON MONKEY – ‘9-13’ [Lyric Video]
- Terry Corso Of ALIEN ANT FARM On MTV Reviving TRL “Bring A Little Bit Of Music Back Into An Organization That Has Music In The Title”
- Review: GWAR – ‘The Blood Of Gods’ [Full Album Stream]