Two and a half years ago in the good wintry month of February, me and my cousin happened to witness one of the best prog extreme metal bands, who were pretty much new to my taste buds. A month before that gig, I started jamming their songs religiously and it instantly struck a chord in my heart. I remember my cousin weeping in all his happiness midway their set when Tim Charles started to move the bow to and fro on his violin strings, thus resulting in the harrowing yet beautiful ‘Painters Of The Tempest(Part I): Wyrmholes‘. I remember asking him “Dude, why the fuck would you cry in a metal concert?”. Yes I know, I was pretty stupid back then and probably didn’t understand the catharsis music leads you to. It actually lead me to some long time contemplation, how could someone be reduced to tears with such heavy and intense sonic atrocity.
- Louder Than Life 2018 Spotlight: ISLANDER [Official Videos]
- Review: DEE SNIDER – ‘For the Love of Metal’ [Official Videos]
- CKY Release Video For “Wiping Off The Dead”, Announce Tour With SLAVES
- Review: CATATONIC PROFANATION – ‘Rancid Vexations’ [Full Album Stream]
- Aftershock 2018 Spotlight: THE DOSE [Video Stream]