A scene that frequently gets shoved to the wayside by the heavy-metal community is the massively influential, thriving and certainly one-of-a-kind brand of underground music that was both a worldwide phenomenon commonly known as “Hardcore punk”, and more specifically in this context a significant subculture that had begun to emerge in the wake of Thatcher-era Britain, – indeed, “Hardcore punk” has now become a very generalised term yet it barely scratches the surface of what the community did for so many young people in an era of increasing economic crisis, political unrest and social inequality. This was a chance for young people’s voice to get heard amidst all of the unravelling chaos – yet it wasn’t always easy. Continue reading
- Review: PLAGUE THROAT – ‘Evolutionary Impasse’ [EP]
- Epicenter Festival Spotlight: HIGH ON FIRE [Official Videos]
- SHE CRIES WOLF Releases New Single ”Magdalene” Featuring Ahren Of THE AMITY AFFLICTION!
- Review: BAND VS BRAND Documentary By Bob Nalbandian [Official Trailer]
- BREWtally Speaking Podcast: Lindsay Schoolcraft (Cradle Of Filth)