1989 marks the year of birth of New Jersey’s spacerock legends Monster Magnet. Three years after their first EP on Glitterhouse, the band released their official debut album ‘Spine Of God’ on Caroline Records, which became a full on genre classic literally in an instant. The original debut album ‘Tab’ was recorded a year earlier then ‘Spine Of God’ but only saw the light of day because of the overwhelming success of its actual successor. The drug hazed heavy sound of both releases helped in cementing Monster Magnet‘s reputation of being the only legit descendants of the likes of psychedelic and stoner rock Godfathers Hawkwind, Black Sabbath, and their electrifying punk siblings in MC5. Continue reading
- PARADISE LOST Discuss Being Finally At Peace With ‘Believe In Nothing’
- HELLYEAH, PANTERA Drummer VINNIE PAUL ABBOTT Has Passed Away.
- Review: ORANGE GOBLIN – ‘The Wolf Bites Back’ [Track Stream]
- NONPOINT Release Two New Songs and Details for Upcoming Album ‘X’ [Track Streams]
- Cody Quistad (WAGE WAR), “We’re Gonna Try to Make the Best Record Ever”