1989 marks the year of birth of New Jersey’s spacerock legends Monster Magnet. Three years after their first EP on Glitterhouse, the band released their official debut album ‘Spine Of God’ on Caroline Records, which became a full on genre classic literally in an instant. The original debut album ‘Tab’ was recorded a year earlier then ‘Spine Of God’ but only saw the light of day because of the overwhelming success of its actual successor. The drug hazed heavy sound of both releases helped in cementing Monster Magnet‘s reputation of being the only legit descendants of the likes of psychedelic and stoner rock Godfathers Hawkwind, Black Sabbath, and their electrifying punk siblings in MC5. Continue reading
- METALLICA Mixer Steve Thompson on ‘…And Justice For All’, “They Have No Desire To Remix It!”
- Ep. 140 Steve Thompson (Producer) – Talk Toomey: The Metal Nexus Podcast
- Interview: Justin Graves of VEXES [Audio Stream]
- Carolina Rebellion Spotlight: TOOTHGRINDER
- ROTTEN SOUND Announce EP / New Track Streaming!