On March 10th, Evocation will celebrate their return to death metal with the stunning new album, The Shadow Archetype! While honoring their Swedish death metal roots, The Shadow Archetype also adds thrash metal elements to their addictive, heavy sound. Evocation guitarist Marko Palmen comments: “In my opinion, the new album is a step towards the roots of the band, although it also has a footing in the future. I think the sound of the new album in many ways reflect the dynamic of me and Simon, who wrote the music for the album. I’m more of an old-school death metal kind of guy and Simon comes from the younger generation of death metal freaks who enjoy technicality and brutality. Somehow, we just merged those two sides of death metal into the creation that will be known as ‘The Shadow Archetype’. But I also have to point out that the album is a creation made by all the members of Evocation and I think we all pushed ourselves to the very limit of what is achievable. I’m certain that we all can stand proud of the album in the future.” Pre-order the new album at www.metalblade.com/evocation Continue reading
- Sal Costa Of SMASHING SATELLITES Announces Retirement!
- Drum Icon VINNY APPICE Unveils One Of His Biggest “SPINAL TAP” Moments [Audio Interview]
- Review: IRON MONKEY – ‘9-13’ [Lyric Video]
- Terry Corso Of ALIEN ANT FARM On MTV Reviving TRL “Bring A Little Bit Of Music Back Into An Organization That Has Music In The Title”
- Review: GWAR – ‘The Blood Of Gods’ [Full Album Stream]