Our autumnal excursion through the Garden State concludes in Jersey City, home of the Statue of Liberty, birthplace of funk legends Kool & the Gang, and for nearly four years now, home to chromium swamp creatures Black Wail. These fuzz-faced, big-muffed purveyors of doom boogie have been plying their wares since Spring 2014, over three EP releases and countless live shows, and their forthcoming effort Chromium Homes (Rhyme & Reason Records, in stores December 15) is a raw, rip-snorting blast of sharp hooks, bludgeoning riffs, syrupy-sweet harmonies, and out-and-out heavy metal anguish.
- Review: PHIL CAMPBELL AND THE BASTARD SONS – ‘The Age of Absurdity’ [Track Stream]
- REVIEW: OF MICE & MEN – ‘Defy’
- Interview: FOR WE ARE MANY “We Are Next To Bands That We’ve Idolized” [Video]
- Review: MACHINE HEAD – ‘Catharsis’ [Official Video + Track Stream]
- KIRRA Announces 2018 Tour With NOTHING MORE, THE CONTORTIONIST, & BIG STORY