With what passes for rock and roll nowadays, who could really blame those that say the genre is dead or dying? But if you scratch just a little bit deeper, you’ll find there is a whole new generation of artists well versed in the finer points of classic rock, penning brand new messages in fifty year old ink. Greta Van Fleet may have garnered the lion’s share of hedgerow bustling from the mainstream, but there was a bumper crop of retro-leaning acts in 2018 proving there will always be plenty of room for bands that want to wrap themselves in velvets and party like it’s 1974. It was tough to whittle the whole year down to ten releases, and even tougher to rank them. But after countless hours of analysis, these are the best things I heard this year; if you don’t think they make ‘em like they used to, you need to check this shit out.
- BLACKTOP MOJO Release New Video For “Can’t Sleep” [Video Stream]
- THE HU Hypnotizes Bristol, UK [Review & Photo Gallery]
- The DIO RETURNS TOUR Makes Appearance In Minnesota [Review & Photo Gallery]
- BREWtally Speaking Podcast: Jayson Sherlock (REVULSED)
- State Of The Art: Oklahoma’s AGGRAVATED NUISANCE [Album Stream]