Indianapolis IN may not be the first place that comes to mind as a hot bed for progressive metal, but it’s where the members that make up The Contortionist call home. While their 2010 debut, Exoplanet, had more of a traditional metalcore sound it would also prove to be more of a one off sound for the band as they would experiment with their sound going into the more prog realm they’ve become known for on albums like 2014’s Language and 2017’s Clairvoyant respectively. Their upcoming EP, Our Bones, continues the evolution of the bands sounds with more emphasis on atmosphere and includes a take on the Smashing Pumpkins hit, 1979. Continue reading
- EXIT 111 FESTIVAL 2019: Saturday [Review & Photo Gallery]
- Doc Coyle On GOD FORBID Reunion Ever Happening “It’s Hard To Gauge If People Really Care That Much”
- BREWtally Speaking Podcast: Doc Coyle (BAD WOLVES)
- How Metal Music Influences Students
- What are the things to take care of before meeting your divorce attorney?