We’ve all heard at least a half dozen or more tropes about preservation, about finishing what we start, and about how anything worth doing is worth doing right, and approximately a thousand variations upon the same and similar themes. The Swedish death metal band Sarcasm wants you know those important and oh-so-persistent lessons in life did not fall upon their deaf ears. The core duo of the current quintet, vocalist Heval Vozarslan (also of Third Storm) and Anders Erikson have written and recorded together as Sarcasm since 1994. While an EP appeared in 2000, and along the way a bunch of demos, their material from that time did not see a proper full length release until 2016 on Dark Descent Records. Yes, you read those last two sentences correctly. Less than a year after their proper debut, Sarcasm rounded out their lineup, bringing back Peter Laitinen on guitar (who previously played with the core in ’94, also of Imperial Domain, The Hidden, ex-Goatworship), and fleshing out the rest with Jonas Soder (Imperial Domain, also ex-Goatworship) thundering along on bass and Matte Modin (Firespawn, The Hidden, and ex-Dark Funeral) taking on the role of beat master. July of 2016 saw the release of their proper full length release ‘Burial Dimensions’, and, in breakneck speed as if making up for lost time, the sophomore effort ‘Within The Sphere Of Ethereal Minds’ is scheduled to drop on April 28th of this year. Continue reading
- GHOST BATH Gives Flight To “Seraphic”, Lead Single From New Album ‘Starmourner’ [Official Video]
- The Bucketlist With REMARK Guitarist Denis Novikov!
- FIRE FROM THE GODS Release Official Music Video For “The Voiceless” Off Of Upcoming ‘Narrative Retold’ Album
- Review: LIFE OF AGONY – ‘A Place Where There’s No More Pain’ [Official Videos]
- CARACH ANGREN Release New Single “Charlie” [New Song Stream]