Following the death of drummer Martin “Kiddie” Kearns, old school death metal band Bolt Thrower came to its end in 2016. A few weeks later, Frank Healy’s (Benediction) father passed away. Since then, Bolt Thrower vocalist Karl Willets and Healy have joined forces to create a new project featuring members of Benediction, Life Denied, and Bolt Thrower. Memoriam is in a similar vein to Bolt Thrower boasting their brutal death metal sound and super heavy guitar tone. Their main focuses in their songs are on themes like death, loss, and war. The UK band formed in 2016 and has since released two demos. The first full length album, ‘For the Fallen’ is set to be released via Nuclear Blast Records on March 24th. The album was recorded in about two weeks at Hellfire Studios but took four weeks to get the mix finished exactly as they wanted it done. ‘For the Fallen’ was produced by Ajeet Gill (Hellbastard, Dark Forest, Element) and artwork was created by Dan Seagrave (Benediction, Dismember, Hypocrisy, Suffocation). You can pre-order the album here. Continue reading
- A KILLER’S CONFESSION SET TO EMBARK ON A VERY KILLER CHRISTMAS TOUR
- Robb Rivera of NONPOINT “If You Don’t Leave The Stage Sweating And Bloody, You Haven’t Done Your Job”
- Ep. 130 Robb Rivera (NONPOINT) – Talk Toomey: The Metal Nexus Podcast
- MONSTER MAGNET – New Album, ‘MINDFU*KER,’ Coming in March!
- Positive Brilliance In Stayne Thee Angel’s “Time & the Hourglass”!