Welcome to this week’s state of the art! I’m proud to introduce you to the Chicago, Illinois instrumental metal band RUSSIAN CIRCLES: a metal outfit that isn’t constrained by the conventional rules many other metal bands religiously adhere to. Where most metal musicians try to pummel the listener with heavy riffs and pure aggression, instrumental trio RUSSIAN CIRCLES (which formed in 2004 and consists of guitarist Mike Sullivan, bassist Brian Cooke, and drummer Dave Turncrantz) opt for the more subtle and nuanced approach of creating music that emphasizes atmospherics over pure brutality, and the result is emotionally stirring heavy metal that ferries the listener on a musical journey through spiritual highs and lows.
- Picking the Right Kind of Music for Your Event
- How to Choose the Perfect Axe for Your Next Metal Project?
- Want To Publish Your Content And Keep It Safe? Here Are Some Tips
- New York’s Traditional Irish Music Scene: Back With A Bang
- MEGADETH, LAMB OF GOD, TRIVIUM & HATEBREED Bring Metal To Minnesota [Review & Photo Gallery]