Behemoth is just one of those bands that really do not require an introduction. Spawning from pure darkness in Gdansk Poland in 1991 and emerging on to the black metal scene with raw, unfiltered ferocity, they maintained this style with heathen lyrical content into the late 90’s where they shifted to occult, and thelemic inspiration and showed that they could also be a reckoning force in the death metal scene with the release of “Satanica“. At this time the world also quickly came to realize that Behemoth was unique in it’s own way thanks to the drum styling of Inferno, multi layered vocals and some middle eastern influence. Behemoth is now comprised of Nergal (vocals/guitar), Orion (bass/vocals), and Inferno (drums). There are plenty of those who would like to say that Behemoth is a blackened death metal project, but Nergal prefers to consider them without a label, which to me is completely acceptable when facing a true artist who does in no way conform to the status quo. Behemoth has released 10 studio albums since conception, and tomorrow, October 5th 2018, they grace the world with their 11th release “I Loved You At Your Darkest” via Metal Blade Records. Continue reading
- State of the Art – Missouri’s SAVAGELAND [EP Stream]
- A Brand New Supergroup Named IMONOLITH Has Formed And It Just Released Its First Music Video!
- Alfonso Civile (Heartsick) Talks About Being Recruited To Sing For ILL NINO!
- BREWtally Speaking: Alfonso Civile (HEARTSICK)
- ENSIFERUM, SEPTICFLESH & ARSIS Unite Fans In Minneapolis! [Review + Photo Gallery]