A gritty howl opens Joyous Wolf’s upcoming debut LP, ‘Enigma’, and it’s the perfect introduction since the band plays rock & roll at its most primal and passionate. Formed in 2014 guitarist Blake Allard’s bluesy riffs harken back to the classic hard rock of AC/DC, Cream and Deep Purple while still packing a thoroughly modern wallop, while front man Nick Reese’s voice seems to come from deep in his gut as he sings about everything from warring kingdoms to a tribute to a fallen friend. Together, with bassist Greg Braccio and drummer Robert Sodaro, Joyous Wolf’s members work together to create some of the most exciting, promising and unwieldy back-to-basics rock to come out of Southern California in recent years. If you have been searching furiously for a band that has a throwback sound that truly shows old school influence while also adding modern elements to their sound to remain fresh, vibrant and unique then look no further. Joyous Wolf played a major role on several fall rock festivals this year, being one of the only unsigned bands to grace the stages from Kentucky to California. I have no worries that this band will soon find a label with their huge booming sound, it’s impossible to hear their music and not fall in love. Continue reading
- WRITTEN IN GRAY Premiere Blistering New Song “What’s Done Is Done” [Track Stream]
- Never Say Die! Tour: Northlane, Currents, Alazka & Polar [Review & Photo Gallery]
- Review: GOREPOT – ‘Asian Stoned Effect’ [Full Album Stream]
- DAUGHTERS Announce 2019 North American & Euro Tour!
- Just Announced: CLUTCH Reveals 2019 Winter Tour Dates