Set to release their sixth full-length studio album, ‘Muerte,’ on March 23rd, 2018 are Sacramento, CA noise metal veterans, Will Haven. Bringing a sound that is often dark and depressive, but equally relenting in its groove and atmosphere is a style of metal that unapologetically showcases the ugliness in music. While not for the faint of heart, the aptly titled ‘Muerte’ (Spanish for death), combines thick, grooving basslines and rhythms; slow to mid-paced, often sludgey tempos; heavily downtuned, doomily dissonant, alt-metal riffing; agonizingly pained, screaming vocals; and hauntingly dramatic, atmospheric backdrops for a sound that is hypnotically unsettling. Its sonic indulgences are sure to please fans whose musical taste buds crave the most twisted of pleasures. Continue reading
- PARADISE LOST Discuss Being Finally At Peace With ‘Believe In Nothing’
- HELLYEAH, PANTERA Drummer VINNIE PAUL ABBOTT Has Passed Away.
- Review: ORANGE GOBLIN – ‘The Wolf Bites Back’ [Track Stream]
- NONPOINT Release Two New Songs and Details for Upcoming Album ‘X’ [Track Streams]
- Cody Quistad (WAGE WAR), “We’re Gonna Try to Make the Best Record Ever”