Darkening was formed in 2004 by guitarist Oscar Pita in Havana City, Cuba. That same year the band released their first EP ‘When The Soul’ and played numerous venues around the island of Cuba. Oscar in 2008 moved to the U.S. and the band was on a hiatus for a period of 7 years before he started to reform the band on American soil. He was able to reform the band with several other Cuban musicians in the bands new hometown of Louisville, Kentucky. Over 1,000 miles from where the band originated it was rebuilt. They began to write music and it was somewhat different than the previous material, but it stayed true to the bands brutally heavy roots. The band recently finalized their sophomore release ‘In Exile United’ and it released on December 9, 2016. The album was produced by Artifex Pereo guitarist Jordan Haynes (We Were Giants, Greyhaven, Intent To Kill) at Earlygrayce Studios in Louisville, Kentucky. The band also recently recorded a music video for the track “Time” from the EP. The video was filmed and directed by YoYo Lopez, and is expected to release in March, in the meantime you can see a small clip of the video below.
- Review: CANDLEMASS – ‘The Door to Doom’ [Track Stream]
- Exclusive Premiere: BLACK THORN HALO Release “Cenote Sacred” Lyric Video!
- Review: PLAGUE THROAT – ‘Evolutionary Impasse’ [EP]
- Epicenter Festival Spotlight: HIGH ON FIRE [Official Videos]
- SHE CRIES WOLF Releases New Single ”Magdalene” Featuring Ahren Of THE AMITY AFFLICTION!