Pikeville, Kentucky isn’t a rock destination by any means. To be completely honest it is really hard for a band to survive in an area that doesn’t have a very good music scene. Downtrend has been together since 2004 and has several releases in their discography. The band was formed by guitarist Josh Crum and bassist Jeremy Chaney. While most bands would have given up, the band has persevered and continued to dominate stages all around the region. The current line up brings with it great chemistry which can not only be heard but seen with the naked eye when they grace the stage with their presence. Drummer J.D. Hall and bassist Jeremy Chaney have a musical bond that dates back even prior to this band that helps them create a sound that is pure aggression all the while keeping an amazing rhythm. The band has blended together all their influences to juxtapose this eclectic sound. Front man Mike Jackson not only serenades with his authoritative vocal style but he also breaks out his harmonica skills that help the band achieve an original sound.
- New Tool Album: Post-release Weather Forecast
- Ep. 182 Max Cavalera (Soulfly) – Talk Toomey: The Metal Nexus Podcast
- All That Remains Guitarist Oli Herbert Has Passed Away Today.
- Album Review: ACE FREHLEY – ‘Spaceman’ (Entertainment One)
- Review: GRETA VAN FLEET – ‘Anthem Of The Peaceful Army’ [Select Tracks Streaming]