High On Fire are back with their 8th full-length release, Electric Messiah. This follows up their 2015 release Luminiferous via Entertainment One Music. With Sleep’s triumphant return on the stoner holy day of 4/20 and this new album, it has been quite a year for vocalist/guitarist Matt Pike. As far as this record Pike explains, “This is by far the best record I’ve ever made with the High on Fire stamp. It just keeps getting better and better. We just try to outdo ourselves. I’m not saying the old work is progressively worse, it’s just that we get better every time instead of burning out, which is a common finality for a lot of bands. This album is fucking excellent, I just love everything on it, I’m not bummed about anything. It’s great when you think that about your record.” This is their third release done with producer Kurt Ballou (Converge, Torche, Kvelertak), creating a strong bond with the three-piece. Now with more than a decade as unit with Jeff Matz on bass and Des Kensel on drums, this is some of High On Fire’s best work. Continue reading
- What Are 7 Content Creation Tips We Should Keep in Mind for 2020
- Wessel’s Top 10 Albums Of 2019!
- STEEL PANTHER Frontman “Bands Are Afraid To Connect Themselves With Our Brand Of Getting Laid, Doing Blow And Fucking Bitches”
- BREWtally Speaking Podcast: Michael Starr (STEEL PANTHER)
- The Acacia Strain Guitarist Teases Band Will Celebrate Wormwood Album Live in “Very Cool, Unique Way”