Pikeville, Kentucky isn’t a rock destination by any means. To be completely honest it is really hard for a band to survive in an area that doesn’t have a very good music scene. Downtrend has been together since 2004 and has several releases in their discography. The band was formed by guitarist Josh Crum and bassist Jeremy Chaney. While most bands would have given up, the band has persevered and continued to dominate stages all around the region. The current line up brings with it great chemistry which can not only be heard but seen with the naked eye when they grace the stage with their presence. Drummer J.D. Hall and bassist Jeremy Chaney have a musical bond that dates back even prior to this band that helps them create a sound that is pure aggression all the while keeping an amazing rhythm. The band has blended together all their influences to juxtapose this eclectic sound. Front man Mike Jackson not only serenades with his authoritative vocal style but he also breaks out his harmonica skills that help the band achieve an original sound.
- EXIT 111 Festival: With GUNS N’ ROSES, DEF LEPPARD, LYNYRD SKYNYRD, SLAYER And More [Complete Lineup & Details]
- NORMA JEAN Frontman Reflects On Bands Career “Bands Expecting Their Fans To Like Everything They Do Is Ridiculous”
- BREWtally Speaking Podcast: Cory Brandan (NORMA JEAN)
- Review: DIAMOND HEAD – ‘The Coffin Train’ [Video Stream]
- Exumer Release Video For “King’s End” [Music Video]