Arcade Messiah is a solo project spearheaded by cult Hasting band, Kingbathmat frontman John Bassett who currently resides in Sligo, Ireland. Born in Walthamstow, London, Bassett was raised by his ex-convent nun mother and meter reading father, who fed and looked after him as long as they could. By sixteen, he quit school and left home with little more than the clothes on his back. This left his employment opportunities limited to dull and mundane tasks; guitar and songwriting being his primary source of solstice. His love of music developed at a young age after picking up an acoustic guitar in the family home. Once able to figure out and play along with a number of songs, he found a guitar teacher in Tottenham to assist with chording. What John discovered was that he was playing a right handed guitar left handed, even though he was, in fact, right handed. Playing backwards was simply more comfortable. With this straightened out and a proper, left handed guitar was purchased, chords became natural and progressed directly into songwriting that has evolved into a life long passion.
- BREWtally Speaking Podcast: Aaron Gillespie (THE ALMOST/UNDEROATH)
- ALMOST COOPER Brings Their Nightmare To Minnesota [Review & Photo Gallery]
- STATIC-X Brings Wisconsin Death Trip Over The Border To Minnesota [Review & Photo Gallery]
- EXIT 111 FESTIVAL 2019: Sunday [Review & Photo Gallery]
- PRONG Vocalist Reflects On Bands Fans Leaving After Success Of Hit Song “We’ve Never Gotten Those People Back, And I Don’t Know Why”