With what passes for rock and roll nowadays, who could really blame those that say the genre is dead or dying? But if you scratch just a little bit deeper, you’ll find there is a whole new generation of artists well versed in the finer points of classic rock, penning brand new messages in fifty year old ink. Greta Van Fleet may have garnered the lion’s share of hedgerow bustling from the mainstream, but there was a bumper crop of retro-leaning acts in 2018 proving there will always be plenty of room for bands that want to wrap themselves in velvets and party like it’s 1974. It was tough to whittle the whole year down to ten releases, and even tougher to rank them. But after countless hours of analysis, these are the best things I heard this year; if you don’t think they make ‘em like they used to, you need to check this shit out.
- A Brand New Supergroup Named IMONOLITH Has Formed And It Just Released Its First Music Video!
- Alfonso Civile (Heartsick) Talks About Being Recruited To Sing For ILL NINO!
- BREWtally Speaking: Alfonso Civile (HEARTSICK)
- ENSIFERUM, SEPTICFLESH & ARSIS Unite Fans In Minneapolis! [Review + Photo Gallery]
- BREAKING BENJAMIN, FIVE FINGER DEATH PUNCH (And More) Rock West Virginia [Review & Photo Gallery]