Hell Or Highwater was formed originally as a solo project by Atreyu vocalist/drummer Brandon Saller in 2011 when Atreyu went on a brief hiatus. This material is definitely more upbeat and rock’n’roll while Atreyu was on the darker, metalcore side for most of their career. Hell Or Highwater new album ‘Vista’ released on May 19th. Since forming 6 years ago, the band released their debut record the same year titled ‘Begin Again’ and featured guest vocals on “Go Alone” from M. Shadows of Avenged Sevenfold. One of the things that really stands out to me from this band is the great classic rock sounding guitar work from Joey Bradford and Jon Hoover. Saller is typically behind the kit but he is only fronting the band here while Kyle Rosa is killing it behind the drum kit. Nick Maldonado rounds out the lineup presenting big fills on the bass and works with the synth parts that the band has in certain songs like “Terrorized in the Night”. Continue reading
- Never Say Die! Tour: Northlane, Currents, Alazka & Polar [Review & Photo Gallery]
- Review: GOREPOT – ‘Asian Stoned Effect’ [Full Album Stream]
- DAUGHTERS Announce 2019 North American & Euro Tour!
- Just Announced: CLUTCH Reveals 2019 Winter Tour Dates
- Review: DARKEST HORIZON – ‘Aenigmata’ [Official Video]