German based, and Swedish native ADNA delivers some melodic yet haunting styling. ADNA is not rock, nor metal. A genre really can’t contain her creativity, but I would call her music folk haunting. Some artists try to cram as much sound into a song as possible, but not ADNA. I believe in her music what isn’t there is just as important as what is there. Musically simple and lyrically complex, the vibe from her music comes across so delicate and peaceful. Her music is simply like a palate cleanser. The melancholy within her music washes away all your worries and truly soothes your soul. ADNA has released her new album ‘Closure’. The album was written, recorded and produced entirely by ADNA herself in her Berlin apartment. Closure is ADNA’s fourth release for the Despotz label (after two full length albums and an Ep) and has garnered over thirty million Spotify streams to date as well as getting sync placements with top tier television shows such as the American TV series Bones. The dark, alternative pop songstress, who has been compared favorably to Daughter and Bon Iver amongst others. Regarding the single, she says, ““The song “Closure” was the result of an anxious period of time, but I remember it as something beautiful, because it finally gave me the closure I had been longing for, and also the title of the album.” The best thing you can truly do is to allow her music to speak to you, and speak to you it will. Continue reading
- State of the Art: Mississippi’s PARTHURNAX
- BREWtally Speaking Podcast: Beau Bokan (BLESSTHEFALL)
- Monster Outbreak Tour Feat. Frank Carter & The Rattlesnakes, The Beaches Announces Dates!
- TEXAS HIPPIE COALITION Brings Party To Tennessee W/ BELOW 7, DIRTY SOUL REVIVAL, & More [Review & Photo Gallery]
- Bourbon & Beyond Festival Spotlight: BLACKBERRY SMOKE [Official Videos]