God Dethroned is a blackened deathmetal band that got formed in 1990 by vocalist and guitarist Henri Sattler, the band is the most populair band from Holland and that really gets to show in their new album ‘The World Ablaze’ that got released on the 5th of May this year. Their debut album ‘The Christhunt’ got out with help of a small label from Gemany, besides that they have released all their albums on one of the best labels that are currently out there Metal Blade Records. They have changed their line-up multiple times but their singer Henri Sattler always stuck with the band. Till this date they have made 9 albums besides their latest one ‘The World Ablaze’, If you are new to this band I would highly recomment you to give those albums a listen. ‘Passiondale’ from 2009 for example is full of melodies and agression where ‘The Toxic Touch’ is more focused on the lyrical aspect of the songs, such as depression, religion and hatred. They may have changed things up from time to time but they always remained a band with a lot of talent lyrically and instrumentally. The agressive vibes from the songs gives you the feeling of power, of being more than just human. The feeling of reigning an entire universe. Wonder who made those raw vibes? It got created by drummer Michiel van der Plicht, bassist Jeroen Pomper and guitarist Mike Ferguson. Not a band you would just walk past without noticing, they truly are the definition of Dutch blackened deathmetal!
- SKILLET & ALTER BRIDGE Bring ‘Victorious Sky Tour’ To Minnesota [Review & Photo Gallery]
- KILLSWITCH ENGAGE & REVOCATION Inspire Headbanging In The U.K. [Review & Photo Gallery]
- BOURBON & BEYOND: Saturday [Review and Photo Gallery]
- AMON AMARTH Bring the ‘Berserker Tour’ To Minneapolis [Review & Photo Gallery]
- Phil Anselmo Talks Possible DOWN Anniversary Tour; Hints At Return Of Kirk Windstein To DOWN [Video]