High On Fire are back with their 8th full-length release, Electric Messiah. This follows up their 2015 release Luminiferous via Entertainment One Music. With Sleep’s triumphant return on the stoner holy day of 4/20 and this new album, it has been quite a year for vocalist/guitarist Matt Pike. As far as this record Pike explains, “This is by far the best record I’ve ever made with the High on Fire stamp. It just keeps getting better and better. We just try to outdo ourselves. I’m not saying the old work is progressively worse, it’s just that we get better every time instead of burning out, which is a common finality for a lot of bands. This album is fucking excellent, I just love everything on it, I’m not bummed about anything. It’s great when you think that about your record.” This is their third release done with producer Kurt Ballou (Converge, Torche, Kvelertak), creating a strong bond with the three-piece. Now with more than a decade as unit with Jeff Matz on bass and Des Kensel on drums, this is some of High On Fire’s best work. Continue reading
- MIKE SHINODA Brings Emotional Performance To Charlotte [Review & Photo Gallery]
- BRING ME THE HORIZON Releases Second Track ”Wonderful Life” Of Their Upcoming Record ‘Amo’ And It Is Groovy!
- The Amity Affliction, Dream State, The Plot In You Dominate In Bristol, UK [Review + Photo Gallery]
- CARNAL DECAY Releases A Music Video Of ”When Push Comes To Shove” And It is Horrid!
- JINJER Releases Brand New Single And Music Video Of ”Ape” & Announces US Tour With DEVILDRIVER And BLACK RAVEN!