“The Atomic Clock” Gene Hoglan is one of modern metals most iconic drummers. He has been both a working member of amazing bands and the go to hired gun when it comes to drumming. Currently Gene is behind the kit for the thrash legends Testament. His trademark double kick rhythms have become the beats that have pounded through our headphones and speakers for years. Hoglan has won numerous best drummer of the year awards from Revolver, Modern Drummer, Terrorizer and various others. His capabilities behind the drum kit are a beat above anyone else. Bands Hoglan has been a part of either as a full member, live drummer or session drummer include Dark Angel, Testament, Fear Factory, Slayer, Devin Townsend, Opeth, Pitch Black Forecast, Strapping Young Lad, Forbidden, Death, Zimmers Hole, Meldrum, Viking, and even was the drummer for the animated band Dethklok, in addition to that he was also recently the drummer on Brendon Small’s Galaktikon (Dethklok) new album. Because Gene is such a revered drummer he has also released several dvds featuring his jaw dropping drum style, the most recent being 2016’s ‘The Clock Strikes Two’. Continue reading
- Watch BLACK LABEL SOCIETY’s All New Music Video, “A Love Unreal”!
- Legendary Ex-MISFITS Front-Man MICHALE GRAVES Brings His “The Beginning Of The End Tour 2018” To Europe
- DESPISED ICON Come-back Headliner In London, UK! [Review + Photo Gallery]
- The Bucketlist with Phil Freeman of SMALL TOWN TITANS
- State Of The Art: Vermont’s LIGHTCRUSHER [Album Stream]