“The Atomic Clock” Gene Hoglan is one of modern metals most iconic drummers. He has been both a working member of amazing bands and the go to hired gun when it comes to drumming. Currently Gene is behind the kit for the thrash legends Testament. His trademark double kick rhythms have become the beats that have pounded through our headphones and speakers for years. Hoglan has won numerous best drummer of the year awards from Revolver, Modern Drummer, Terrorizer and various others. His capabilities behind the drum kit are a beat above anyone else. Bands Hoglan has been a part of either as a full member, live drummer or session drummer include Dark Angel, Testament, Fear Factory, Slayer, Devin Townsend, Opeth, Pitch Black Forecast, Strapping Young Lad, Forbidden, Death, Zimmers Hole, Meldrum, Viking, and even was the drummer for the animated band Dethklok, in addition to that he was also recently the drummer on Brendon Small’s Galaktikon (Dethklok) new album. Because Gene is such a revered drummer he has also released several dvds featuring his jaw dropping drum style, the most recent being 2016’s ‘The Clock Strikes Two’. Continue reading
- State of the Art: Mississippi’s PARTHURNAX
- BREWtally Speaking Podcast: Beau Bokan (BLESSTHEFALL)
- Monster Outbreak Tour Feat. Frank Carter & The Rattlesnakes, The Beaches Announces Dates!
- TEXAS HIPPIE COALITION Brings Party To Tennessee W/ BELOW 7, DIRTY SOUL REVIVAL, & More [Review & Photo Gallery]
- Bourbon & Beyond Festival Spotlight: BLACKBERRY SMOKE [Official Videos]