Portland doom quartet USNEA have announced the full details of their third full-length album entitled ‘Portals Into Futility‘. Inspired by dystopian science-fiction and the painful intersection of today’s crushing reality, ‘Portals Into Futility‘ is 5 songs and 56 minutes of expertly crafted and elegantly depressive doom/sludge. With an evolved sound of strength and dynamism, USNEA delve more into the worlds of dissonant death metal, varied vocal structures and cinematic composition, all while maintaining the monumental heaviness, brutality, discord, anger, and mournful melodicism of their previous work. Across dark and brooding peaks and valleys, USNEA remind us that no matter how many doors are opened to the human species, our self-aggrandizement and hubris all lead to futility.
- State Of The Art: BINARY CODE! [Official Album Stream]
- MODERN MIMES Cover TYPE O NEGATIVE’s “I Don’t Wanna Be Me” In New Video
- JOYOUS WOLF’S Greg Braccio “I Don’t Think There Should Be Perfection In Rock, It’s Suppose To Be Flawed” [Video]
- Review: MALET GRACE – ‘Malsanity’ [Official Videos]
- CD Release Party for Stayne Thee Angel’s “Time and the Hourglass”