Recently this band came onto my radar after having their latest, September 2017 CD release essentially dropped into my lap by my editor here at Metal Nexus. Upon first listen, I was pleasantly surprised by their throwback, sludgey, stoner sound often reminiscent of Melvins and early Soundgarden. I’ve since given the album several more listens and each time discover more and more interesting nuances to enjoy. What stands out above all else with Disastroid’s ‘Screen’ is vibe. From front to back, this album emanates a heavy and relenting, chilled out, stoner vibe, while at times delving into well-placed moments of intense psychedelia. Like a VW bus hotboxed in a thick cloud of bong smoke, this record will envelope and intoxicate you as you succumb to its dark, dank, euphoric moods. Continue reading
- PARADISE LOST Discuss Being Finally At Peace With ‘Believe In Nothing’
- HELLYEAH, PANTERA Drummer VINNIE PAUL ABBOTT Has Passed Away.
- Review: ORANGE GOBLIN – ‘The Wolf Bites Back’ [Track Stream]
- NONPOINT Release Two New Songs and Details for Upcoming Album ‘X’ [Track Streams]
- Cody Quistad (WAGE WAR), “We’re Gonna Try to Make the Best Record Ever”