I hope this isn’t the first you’ve heard of Death Trip. If it is, let me tell you now I’m highly disappointed in you. Death Trip is from the Big Stone Gap, Virginia area of the Appalachian Mountains and while the area may be rural their music certainly echos outside of the hills of Southeastern Virginia. Their first release was 2013’s ‘Distracted’, followed by the sophomore effort ‘So Far, No Good’ in 2015. The band of course wastes no time and now have released their new record, ‘Professional Asshole’, on October 29th. The album is 13 delicious tracks of brutal punk with a side order of hardcore. They meld these styles so well that it is hard to decipher where one ends and the other begins. The style in which they play music seems a bit chaotic at times but that chaos has developed into a finally wrapped gift when it’s fully unveiled to their fans. Continue reading
- State Of The Art: Mississippi’s CLAWHAMMER [Album Stream]
- Review: CROWN THE EMPIRE – ‘Sudden Sky’ [Official Music Videos]
- BREWtally Speaking Podcast: Brandon Saller (ATREYU/HELL OR HIGHWATER)
- BETRAYING THE MARTYRS Cancel Tour After Van Accident and Fire [Video]
- KHEMMIS & CLOAK Kick Off North American Desolation Tour!