- Bourbon & Beyond Festival Spotlight: THE RECORD COMPANY
- Rock & Roll Totally Isn’t Dead!
- Review: PALE GREY LORE – ‘Eschatology’ [Album Stream]
- ZAKK SABBATH Keeps The War Machine Turning In Minnesota [Review & Photo Gallery]
- Healing Power of Music: How Music Therapy Helps Those With Parkinson’s Build Strength
Black Metal is usually a polarizing sub-genre of Metal. Very fast. High-pitched vocals; oftentimes dealing with oppressively dark and/or overtly Pagan/Satanic subject matter, barked out at an unintelligible rate. It is usually either loved or absolutely hated for one or all of the reasons above. Every now and then, however, a band rises above the genre and puts out a release so striking, it ruptures the box attempting to surround it. One such band is Southampton, UK’s, Cairiss.