A few days ago we here at Metal Nexus had the opportunity to chat with Blothar, singer of the highly influential, seminal, and (mildly) controversial rock group GWAR, a name so jam-packed with layers of history that even its mere utterance will bring tears of nostalgia to all sorts of metal devotees. Now, don’t be so quick to judge, – although they’ve been around for a long time this is no reason to cast notions of incorrigible antiquity upon the face of the group. In actual fact they’re promoting a new album titled The Blood of Gods via Metal Blade Records, which you can pre-order at Amazon, iTunes, Spotify and plenty other websites. The album is scheduled for release on October 20 2017, – the best way to describe the record is that it is full of diversity, quirkiness, humour and spark. Songs like ‘War on GWAR’ offer unique doom-laden riffage to their new sound whereas songs like ‘El Presedente’ includes a dynamic and versatile array of instrumentation, notably brass. Continue reading
- DEAD HORSE TRAUMA Teams Up With EKTOMORPH For “The Death Before Dishonor Tour”
- Album Review: TOBY KNAPPS’ AFFLIKTOR – ‘SELF-TITLED’ [Partial Album Stream]
- ANVIL: ‘Pounding the Pavement’ – New Album & Tour Details!
- Review: THE OBSESSED – Self-Titled (Re-Issue) [Track Stream]
- Andrea Ferro Of LACUNA COIL “Metal Today Is Wider Than It Has Ever Been” [Video]